This 1-hour live webinar organised by Teva Respiratory aims to support the learning and development of healthcare professionals working within general practice and respiratory care, by providing an introduction to the NICE asthma guidelines and how they should be implemented in everyday practice.
The latest update to the NICE asthma guidelines occurred in 2017 and included recommendations on:
- Initial clinical assessment
- Diagnosing asthma in young children
- Objective tests for diagnosing asthma (including diagnostic algorithms)
- Pharmacological treatment
- Adherence, self-management and decreasing treatment
- Monitoring asthma control
This webinar, organised by Teva Respiratory and Guidelines in Practice, will give you the opportunity to:
- Enhance your knowledge of the NICE asthma guidelines and how they can be applied to clinical practice
- Hear insights and key cases studies about best practice in asthma care
- Listen to clinicians’ perspectives on key differences between NICE and BTS/SIGN guidance
All attendees can obtain one CPD credit for joining the webinar on Thursday 7th March 2019, 12:30 – 13:30. The webinar will be chaired by Dr Kevin Gruffydd-Jones, Respiratory Lead, Royal College of General Practitioners; Joint Policy Lead, General Practice Airways Group; General Practitioner, Box, Wiltshire, and Dr Richard Russell, Consultant Respiratory Physician, Lymington New Forest Hospital; Hon Senior Lecturer, Imperial College.
This webinar has been commissioned by Teva UK Limited and organised in partnership with Guidelines in Practice. Teva UK Limited has
reviewed the scope of the webinar, worked with MGP Ltd to choose and commission speakers, and approved all materials related to the
webinar. MGP has paid the speaker honoraria on behalf of Teva UK Limited. The views and opinions of the speakers are not necessarily
those of Teva UK Limited, Guidelines in Practice, its publisher, advisers, or advertisers.